Digital Media Volunteer
If you think all kids who want to play sports should be able to regardless of their financial situation then you will want to be part of a team that will make it happen! Play it On is a social enterprise that
- Collects unwanted sports gear
- Rejuvenates it with the help of our valuable volunteers
- Sells recycled gear as well as a mix of new sports equipment in online, and soon in a retail shop.
Profits raised from the sale of goods assist families with the financial costs of sporting club fees.
This is a great opportunity to gain experience and be part of a growing social business.
The Digital Communications Volunteer will be an integral part of building Play it On’s profile, to drive traffic to our existing online store and support the launch of our new retail premises.
A typical day in this role might include:
- Working on compelling copy for our emails, social media or blog
- Editing and writing content to suit Play it On’s brand and tone – we like to be playful!
- Working closely with our CEO and marketing team to develop and deliver exciting campaigns
- Developing website content and updates
- Working with Play it On Ambassadors to create activities that build interest
With knowledge and confidence in different social media platforms, a way with words and a positive attitude, you’ll work closely with our CEO/Founder to create and assist in coordinating Play it On’s digital communications across all digital channels.
This role would be perfect for a university student looking to gain real-world experience and content for their portfolio, while also having a positive impact in their community. Preferably you have a keen interest in a range of sports and want to play a key role in making Play it On a success!
We value ideas, a “have a go” attitude, and passion and belief in our mission.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has great writing and editing skills and can adapt quickly to emerging opportunities.
- Has a good understanding of digital platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Mail Chimp, Tik Tok, and is motivated to keep up to date as platform changes are rolled out.
- Has experience with content management systems (we use WordPress) or is willing to learn
- Can be flexible – changing priorities and tasks as needed
- Is creative and able to deliver lots of fresh, original content with a playful tone
- Is interested in social issues, social justice or ethical business
- Is a great team player who can also work well independently with some direction.
You’ll need solid skills in most of these areas, but you don’t need to be an expert at everything to enjoy this role! Being motivated to learn and challenge yourself is just as important.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief CV and tell us in 150 words why you’d like to work with Play it On by August 8.